In Surrey, a Carpenter Helper aids carpenters with a variety of jobs related to building and woodworking projects. They help and aid in setting up materials, using tools and equipment, and keeping the workspace neat and organized. Depending on the building project and the needs of the carpenter, precise job functions may vary, but generally speaking, they consist of:
- helping to prepare and arrange the supplies, tools, and equipment required for carpentry work.
- under a carpenter’s supervision, measuring, cutting, and shaping lumber and other building supplies.
- using power equipment, such as drills, saws, and sanders, safely and effectively.
- helping to put structures, fixtures, and cabinetry together, install them, and fit them.
- Keeping tools and equipment in good operating order by cleaning and maintaining them.
- assisting carpenters in withholding and supporting goods during building or installation.
- maintaining order and cleanliness in the workspace while removing debris.
- observing safety procedures and donning the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE).
- helping with small alterations or repairs to fittings or finished constructions.
- cooperating with the carpenter and other team members successfully to guarantee efficient workflow and project completion.
- Employer Name: Fine Glass & Shower Doors
- Job Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: CAD21.00 to CAD25.00 Per Hour
- Job Position: Carpenter Helper
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part-Time, 40-60 hours per week
- Job Category: Technician
- Send Your coverletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening: 2
The duties of a Carpenter Helper could involve:
- completing chores quickly and accurately by adhering to the carpenter’s instructions and supervision.
- following safety standards and recommendations to guarantee a secure working environment.
- demonstrating a commitment to hard work and a desire to pick up tips from more seasoned carpenters.
- helping to keep an organized and fully stocked inventory of supplies and equipment.
- according to the unique demands of various building projects and tasks.
- Carefully using tools and equipment and alerting the carpenter about any problems.
- helping to correctly measure and label items for cutting or installation.
- upholding cleanliness and order in the workplace, including correct trash and garbage disposal.
- collaborating with other members of the construction team to support the overall project objectives.
- Observing defined project timetables and schedules to guarantee timely task completion.
The particular qualifications for a Carpenter Helper can differ but typically include:
- Physical stamina: The capacity to carry out strenuous activities including carrying large things, standing for long periods of time, and working in a variety of weather conditions.
- Tools and Equipment Knowledge: Understanding of the fundamental hand and power tools used in carpentry work.
- Construction knowledge: A fundamental understanding of the procedures, supplies, and methods used in construction.
- Teamwork Skills: The ability to work well with others on a construction team and adhere to directions from the supervisor or carpenter.
- Strong attention to detail is necessary to ensure the accuracy of measurements and jobs.
- Flexibility to work on various construction projects and adapt to shifting workload requirements.
- Knowledge of and dedication to adhering to safety procedures and guidelines.
- Bilingualism: Depending on the workforce and organizational demands, being fluent in various languages, such as English and Punjabi, may be a benefit.
Salary and Perks per Hour:
Carpenter Helper salaries in Surrey might vary depending on experience, education, the particular employer, and the size of the construction firm. In Canada, carpenter assistants may earn between $16 and $24 per hour on average, though pay may vary.
The employer may offer several perks or benefits to Carpenter Helpers. Typical benefits that might be provided include:
- Opportunities for professional development and promotion exist within the construction sector.
- Opportunities for training and professional development to advance carpentry expertise.
- Depending on the type of work, transportation or meal expenses may be provided.
- clothes or uniforms provided by the employer.
- Health and dental insurance (for positions that are full-time).
- Plans for retirement savings, such as 401(k)s or contributions to Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) (for full-time positions).
Please be aware that Surrey’s specific pay rates and benefits for a Carpenter Helper may differ. It is advised to browse nearby job listings or get in touch with possible companies to get the most precise and recent information.
Please Share These jobs: Carpenter Helper