Various duties connected to the effective functioning of a warehouse or distribution facility are the responsibility of a warehouse person in Richmond. They are essential in the transportation, storage, and receipt of commodities and goods. Depending on the employer, particular job responsibilities may vary but typically include:
- loading and unloading supplies from containers or trucks.
- examining incoming and outgoing shipments to confirm their size and quality.
- Sorting, arranging, and putting things away in the right places.
- selecting and assembling orders for delivery.
- utilizing tools such as pallet jacks, forklifts, and other machinery to move items about the warehouse.
- by doing routine cycle counts and stock reconciliations, inventory accuracy is maintained.
- ensuring compliance with safety rules and procedures.
- maintaining the warehouse’s cleanliness and structure.
- helping with inventory management and performing routine stock checks.
- Employer Name: Westpoint Terminal Inc
- Job Location: 101-5000 Miller RoadRichmond, BC V7B 1K7
- Salary: CAD20.50 to CAD25.00 Per Hour
- NOC 75101
- Job Position: Warehouse Person
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part-Time, 35-40 hours per week
- Job Category: Hospitality
- Send Your coverletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening: 1
A warehouse worker may be responsible for the following duties:
- efficiently and precisely assessing inbound cargo after receipt.
- capturing and preserving all pertinent inventory-related data.
- utilizing warehouse machinery in a secure and effective manner.
- working together to meet shipment dates and complete orders.
- examining the warehouse’s equipment for routine maintenance.
- taking part in routine inventory reconciliations and audits.
- aiding in the establishment and enhancement of warehousing procedures.
- interacting and working in tandem with other divisions, including sales or customer service.
- observing all warehouse-related company regulations and procedures.
Although the precise criteria for a warehouse person can change, they often consist of:
- equivalent to a high school diploma.
- It is preferable if you have prior experience working in a warehouse or logistics setting.
- understanding of inventory management, safety procedures, and warehouse operations.
- knowledge in using hand trucks, pallet jacks, and other warehouse equipment.
- physical endurance and strength to move large objects and conduct hard tasks.
- precision and attention to detail in inventory management.
- Computer literacy requirements for tracking and documenting inventories.
- the capacity to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
- strong time- and project management abilities.
Salary and Perks per Hour:
Depending on experience, education, and the particular employer, a warehouse person’s income in Richmond may differ. The average hourly compensation for a warehouse worker in Canada ranged from $14 to $20 as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021.
Depending on the employer, perks or benefits for warehouse jobs can differ. Typical benefits that might be provided include:
- dental and medical insurance.
- time off that is paid, including holidays and sick days (for full-time work).
- Contributions to retirement savings programs like 401(k)s or Registered Retirement Savings programs (RRSPs).
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
- discounts on goods or services for employees.
- differentials in pay for the night, weekend, or evening shifts.
- For working past usual hours, overtime pay.
It’s vital to keep in mind that after my previous update in September 2021, the particular pay rates and benefits for a warehouse person in Richmond may have changed. It is advised to browse nearby job ads and get in touch with possible companies to get the most precise and recent information.
Please Share These jobs: Warehouse Person