The care, management, and milking of dairy cattle fall within the purview of a dairy herdsperson, commonly referred to as a dairy farm worker or dairy technician. You will support daily dairy farm operations in MacGregor as a part-time dairy herdsperson, guaranteeing the herd’s welfare and productivity.
- feeding and watering dairy animals in accordance with predetermined timetables and dietary recommendations.
- Monitoring the herd’s health and well-being includes spotting and treating any symptoms of disease or harm.
- assistance with dairy cattle breeding and reproduction, including artificial insemination and heat detection.
- cleaning and maintaining dairy facilities such as milking parlours and barns.
- utilizing appropriate milking methods and upholding standards for milk quality.
- administering shots, meds, and treatments in accordance with the farm veterinarian’s instructions.
- providing care for young calves and aiding in the calving process.
- keeping thorough records of the health, output, and other pertinent data of the herd.
- Using and maintaining farm gear, including tractors and feeding equipment.
- following agricultural biosecurity procedures and making sure the workplace is secure.
- Employer Name: Remco Dairy Ltd.
- Job Location: SE 26-11-11 W MacGregor, MB R0H 0R0
- Salary: CAD25.00 to CAD30.00 Per Hour
- NOC 84120
- Job Position: Dairy Herdsperson
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part-Time, 5-25 hours per week
- Job Category: Farm Worker & Agriculture
- Send Your coverletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening: 1
- It is preferred that you have prior experience working on a dairy farm.
- knowledge of feeding, breeding, and milking techniques for dairy cattle.
- Physical stamina and the capacity for manual labour, including the capacity for lifting and the capacity for working in a variety of climates.
- familiarity with the maintenance and operation of farm equipment.
- fundamentals of animal welfare and health at a basic level.
- a keen eye for detail and the capacity to adhere to rules and regulations.
- Effective teamwork requires good communication abilities.
- Based on farm needs, the ability to work a variety of part-time shifts, including early mornings, late shifts, and weekends.
- adherence to biosecurity guidelines and health and safety requirements.
Perks and Salary:
The pay for a part-time dairy herdsperson in MacGregor can change depending on the company, farm size, experience level, and credentials. Part-time workers often make hourly compensation that is commensurate with their qualifications and the demands of the job.
Depending on the business and the particular farm, the perks and benefits of part-time dairy herdsperson roles can change. Considerations that might be made include:
- Competitive hourly rate based on credentials and experience.
- Possibilities for extra shifts or later hours at busy times.
- Opportunities for education and training in dairy farming techniques.
- access to discounted agricultural products, such as milk or dairy goods.
- a secure working environment that complies with health and safety regulations.
- Opportunities for cooperation and teamwork with other farm workers.
- There is potential for development and advancement in the dairy farming sector.
It’s critical to remember that precise pay, perks, and benefits may differ based on the employer, the sector, and the specifics of the employment contract. Research the employment in question and bring up these specifics during the interview process as part-time jobs may have different pay and benefit plans than full-time jobs.
Please Share These jobs: Dairy Herdsperson