A beef cattle farm worker’s duties include helping with everyday tasks and seeing to the care and welfare of the cattle on the farm. You will support the farm’s operations, help with the herd’s feeding and management, and assist with upkeep of the farm’s facilities as a part-time beef cattle farm worker in Port Lambton.
- Helping to feed and water beef cattle in accordance with predetermined times and dietary requirements.
- Monitoring the cattle’s health and well-being, particularly seeing any symptoms of disease or harm.
- assisting with calving procedures, including caring for and keeping track of the health of the newborn calves.
- Barns, feeding grounds, and other farm buildings must be cleaned and maintained.
- Moving and handling livestock in a safe and effective manner.
- Helping with immunizations, prescriptions, and treatments while under the control of the farm.
- Keeping detailed records of the treatment given to the herd and other pertinent data.
- Operating and maintaining farm gear as needed, such as tractors and feeding equipment.
- Helping with routine agricultural maintenance jobs including fence repair and equipment upkeep.
- Following agricultural biosecurity procedures and making sure the workplace is secure.
- Employer Name: Stellar Mount Stock Inc
- Job Location: Port Lambton, ON
- Salary: CAD15.50 to CAD18.00 Per Hour
- NOC 84120
- Job Position: Beef Cattle Farm Worker
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part-Time, 40-60 hours per week
- Job Category: Farm Worker & Agriculture
- Send Your coverletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening: 2
- It is preferred that you have prior experience working on a beef cattle farm.
- understanding of the feeding, health care, and handling techniques for beef cattle.
- Physical stamina and the capacity for manual labour, including the capacity for lifting and the capacity for working in a variety of climates.
- familiarity with the maintenance and operation of farm equipment.
- fundamentals of animal welfare and health at a basic level.
- a keen eye for detail and the capacity to adhere to rules and regulations.
- Effective teamwork requires good communication abilities.
- Based on farm needs, the ability to work a variety of part-time shifts, including early mornings, late shifts, and weekends.
- adherence to biosecurity guidelines and health and safety requirements.
Perks and Salary:
Part-time beef cattle farm workers in Port Lambton may earn different wages depending on their experience, education, the size of the farm, and their particular employer. Part-time workers often make hourly compensation that is commensurate with their qualifications and the demands of the job.
The business and the particular farm may have different perks and benefits for part-time beef cattle farm worker roles. Considerations that might be made include:
- Competitive hourly rate based on credentials and experience.
- Possibilities for extra shifts or later hours at busy times.
- Opportunities for education and training in raising beef cattle.
- a secure working environment that complies with health and safety regulations.
- Opportunities for cooperation and teamwork with other farm workers.
- Potential for professional development and promotion in the agricultural sector.
It’s critical to remember that precise pay, perks, and benefits may differ based on the employer, the sector, and the specifics of the employment contract. Research the employment in question and bring up these specifics during the interview process as part-time jobs may have different pay and benefit plans than full-time jobs.
Please Share These jobs: Beef Cattle Farm Worker