A Cleaning Supervisor in Surrey is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the cleaning operations of a facility or organization. They ensure that cleaning tasks are carried out efficiently and to the required standards. The specific job duties may vary depending on the size and type of the facility but generally include:
- Supervising and directing a team of cleaners, assigning tasks, and ensuring work schedules are followed.
- Inspecting and evaluating the cleanliness and condition of designated areas, identifying areas that require attention or improvement.
- Training and orienting new cleaning staff, providing guidance on cleaning procedures, safety protocols, and the use of cleaning equipment and chemicals.
- Ordering and maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment, ensuring their proper use and storage.
- Planning and organizing cleaning schedules to ensure all areas are covered and maintained on a regular basis.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Addressing and resolving any issues or complaints related to cleaning services.
- Conducting performance evaluations and providing feedback and coaching to the cleaning staff.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of cleaning policies, procedures, and standards.
- Collaborating with other departments or stakeholders to coordinate cleaning activities and ensure cleanliness standards are met.
- Employer Name: S&D Cleaning Services Inc.
- Job Location: Surrey, BC V4N 2L8
- Salary: CAD28.85 to CAD32.00 Per Hour
- Job Position: Cleaning Supervisor
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part-Time, 40-60 hours per week
- Job Category: Cleaning & Housekeeping
- Send Your cover letter: to firstname.lastname@example.org
The responsibilities of a Cleaning Supervisor may include:
- Demonstrating strong leadership and supervisory skills to effectively manage a team of cleaning staff.
- Setting a positive example by adhering to high standards of cleanliness, professionalism, and punctuality.
- Monitoring and maintaining cleaning equipment, reporting any issues or malfunctions for repair or replacement.
- Providing clear and concise instructions to cleaning staff, ensuring they understand their responsibilities and expectations.
- Ensuring proper training is provided to new cleaning staff, including safety protocols and procedures.
- Conducting regular inspections to ensure cleanliness and adherence to established standards.
- Identifying areas for improvement in cleaning procedures, equipment, or products and making recommendations to management.
- Coordinating with other departments or contractors for specialized cleaning needs or maintenance activities.
- Managing and documenting cleaning-related expenses, such as supplies and equipment purchases.
- Staying updated on industry trends, new cleaning techniques, and products to enhance cleaning operations.
The specific requirements for a Cleaning Supervisor position can vary but generally include:
- Previous Experience: Significant experience in the cleaning industry, including experience in a supervisory or leadership role.
- Knowledge of Cleaning Procedures: Familiarity with various cleaning techniques, equipment, and products.
- Leadership Skills: Strong leadership and team management skills to effectively supervise and motivate cleaning staff.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with staff, customers, and stakeholders.
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational and time management skills to prioritize tasks, manage schedules, and meet deadlines.
- Attention to Detail: Exceptional attention to detail to ensure high-quality cleaning standards are consistently met.
- Problem-Solving Abilities: Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills to address cleaning-related issues or concerns effectively.
- Flexibility: Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, based on the needs of the facility.
- Physical Stamina: Ability to stand for long periods, perform physical cleaning tasks, and withstand the demands of the job.
- Bilingualism: Proficiency in multiple languages, such as English and French, may be an asset, depending on the clientele and the employer’s needs.
Salary Per Hour and Perks:
The salary for a Cleaning Supervisor in Surrey can vary depending on factors such as experience, qualifications, the specific facility, and the size of the cleaning operation. Hourly rates for cleaning supervisors in Canada can range from approximately $18 to $25 per hour, but rates may vary.
Perks or benefits for Cleaning Supervisors can vary depending on the employer. Some common perks that may be offered include:
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement within the cleaning industry.
- Health and dental insurance coverage (for full-time positions).
- Retirement savings plans, such as a 401(k) or Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) contributions (for full-time positions).
- Performance-based bonuses or incentives.
- Training and professional development programs to enhance leadership and management skills.
- Paid time off and vacation benefits.
- Flexible work schedules, including full-time and part-time options.
Please note that the specific salary rates and perks for a Cleaning Supervisor in Surrey may vary. It is recommended to consult with local job listings or contact potential employers to obtain the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Please Share These jobs: Cleaning Supervisor