A vital form of support and care is given to patients in a variety of healthcare settings by a patient care aide, also known as a patient care attendant or nursing assistant. Working as a part-time patient care aide in Kelowna entails helping patients with daily tasks while also keeping an eye on their health and ensuring their comfort and safety.
- helping patients with personal care activities like grooming, clothing, and bathing.
- helping patients move around and moving them into and out of beds, chairs, or wheelchairs.
- assisting with feeding and maintaining a healthy diet.
- keeping track of and recording the vital indicators of patients, such as their temperature, blood pressure, and pulse.
- delivering prescribed medications under the supervision and helping with medication reminders.
- observing patients’ status and behavior and informing the nursing team of any changes.
- ensuring the cleanliness and organization of patients’ rooms.
- helping with patient comfort measures such as changing the bedding, giving out blankets, or changing the temperature of the room.
- offering sufferers company and emotional support.
- collaborating with the medical staff to advance the security and well-being of patients.
- Employer Name: JnB Homecare Services Ltd.
- Job Location: 1059 Clement Ave Kelowna, BC V1Y 7E3
- Salary: CAD19.00 to CAD21.00 Per Hour
- Job Position: Patient care aide
- Job Type: Part-Time, 12-30 hours per week, Casual employment Part-time
- Job Category: Caregiver
- Send Your coverletter: email@example.com
- Opening: 3
- Equivalent to a high school diploma.
- It is preferable to have obtained an equivalent certification or completed a recognized patient care aide program.
- It would be ideal to currently hold a Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- An asset is prior experience working in the medical field or providing care.
- understanding of fundamental medical terms and principles of infection control.
- Having compassion, empathy, and the capacity to protect patient privacy.
- Interpersonal and communication skills that are effective for dealing with patients, families, and healthcare professionals.
- Fitness level, lifting, moving, and patient mobility assistance skills.
- The adaptability to work different shifts, including evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts as necessary in healthcare environments.
- The capacity to follow defined norms and processes as well as adherence to health and safety requirements.
Pay and Benefits:
Depending on experience, education, and the particular healthcare facility, a part-time patient care aide’s wage in Kelowna may change. The hourly pay that part-time employees normally receive is based on their level of experience and the job’s requirements.
Benefits and perks for part-time patient care aide jobs can change based on the company and the particular healthcare facility. Considerations that might be made include:
- Competitive hourly rate based on credentials and experience.
- Depending on staffing needs, there may be opportunities for additional shifts or overtime.
- Insurance for health care.
- Pensions and registered retirement savings plans are examples of retirement savings plans.
- Paid time off (holidays, sick days, and vacations) based on number of hours worked.
- Chances for education and development.
- Access to benefits or initiatives for employee wellness.
- A secure working environment that complies with health and safety regulations.
- Within the healthcare sector, there is potential for career growth and promotion.
- Making a difference in patients’ lives is a satisfying experience.
It’s critical to remember that precise pay, perks, and benefits may differ based on the employer, the sector, and the specifics of the employment contract. Research the employment in question and bring up these specifics during the interview process as part-time jobs may have different pay and benefit plans than full-time jobs.
Please Share These jobs: Patient Care Aide