A talented chef with a focus on the creation and production of pastries, sweets, and baked items is known as a pastry chef. You’ll have high standards for quality and presentation while preparing delectable and aesthetically pleasing sweet treats as a pastry chef job in Vancouver.
- Creating and making a range of baked products, sweets, and pastries.
- Designing and developing fresh pastry menu items and recipes.
- Ensuring the appearance, flavor, and quality of every pastry product.
- Taking care of the bakery department’s inventory and purchasing supplies.
- Offering direction and support when instructing and supervising pastry chefs.
- Preparing and handling pastry items in accordance with food safety and sanitary laws.
- Coordinating dessert menus with the entire dining experience with other culinary personnel.
- Maintaining appropriate kitchen gear and equipment.
- Maintaining a current understanding of pastry arts trends, methods, and developments.
- Displaying imagination and care for detail in the presentation and design of pastries.
- Employer Name: CLM Cafe Ltd
- Job Location: Vancouver, BC
- Salary: CAD20.00 to CAD22.00 Per Hour
- Job Position: Pastry Chef
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, 35-40 hours per week
- Job Category: Hospitality||Hotel
- Send Your coverletter: In person: 3670 Vanness, Vancouver, BC, V5R 0G7, Between 10:00 AM and 06:00 PM
- Opening: 2
- It is preferable if you have culinary training or comparable pastry instruction from a reputable university.
- a history of success as a pastry chef or in a comparable position.
- extensive familiarity with baking methods, ingredients, and recipes.
- strong artistic talent and inventiveness for pastry design and embellishment.
- the capacity to perform well under time constraints.
- Excellent time-management and organizing skills.
- a focus on the fine details and a dedication to excellence.
- Teamwork and effective communication skills.
- understanding of cleanliness and food safety rules.
- flexibility to work shifts, including on weekends, holidays, and in nights as needed by the hospitality sector.
Perks and Salary:
In Vancouver, a pastry chef’s pay may differ depending on their level of responsibility, level of training, and type of workplace. Salary for pastry cooks often reflects their level of experience and job demands.
Depending on the organization and the location, perks, and benefits linked with pastry chef positions may vary. Considerations that might be made include:
- Competitive pay depends on credentials and experience.
- insurance for health care.
- Pensions and registered retirement savings plans are examples of retirement savings plans.
- Paid time off (holidays, sick leave, and vacation).
- chances for education and development.
- access to benefits or initiatives for employee wellness.
- Potential for progression and career growth inside the organization.
- Extra perks and benefits are provided by the particular employer, such as uniforms, meal breaks, or employee discounts.
It’s critical to remember that precise pay, perks, and benefits may differ based on the employer, the sector, and the specifics of the employment contract. It’s a good idea to do some study on the particular position and go over these specifics with the recruiting manager.
Please Share These jobs: Pastry Chef Job