In a retail or wholesale situation, a meat cutter, sometimes known as a butcher or meat preparer, is in charge of cutting, trimming, and preparing various sorts of meat. You will use various cuts of meat as a meat cutter in Vancouver to give customers high-quality goods.
- Meat trimming, deboning, and cutting to customer preferences or predetermined cuts.
- ensuring precision while weighing and portioning meat items.
- Using and maintaining tools for cutting meat, including knives, saws, grinders, and slicers.
- Meat products are packaged and labeled for retail sale or wholesale distribution.
- monitoring and upholding the ideal storage and temperature settings for beef products.
- checking the quality, freshness, and conformity to safety regulations of meat products.
- Keeping track of inventory levels and working with suppliers to guarantee a sufficient supply of meat.
- observing the rules for the handling and preparation of meat products in terms of health and safety.
- delivering first-rate customer service, responding to inquiries, and making suggestions.
- coordinating with other meat department employees to guarantee efficient operations and client satisfaction.
- Employer Name: Vancouver Meat Market Ltd.
- Job Location: 6695 Fraser Street Vancouver, BC V5X 3T6
- Salary: CAD20.50 to CAD22.00 Per Hour
- Job Position: Meat Cutter
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, 35-40 hours per week
- Job Category: Supermarket
- Send Your coverletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening: 4
- Equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Preferably, you have prior experience as a meat cutter or in a comparable position.
- Strong understanding of industry standards, processing methods, and meat cuts.
- Proficiency with the equipment and tools used for cutting meat.
- Meat should be chopped and portioned with care and accuracy.
- Knowledge of the rules governing food preparation and handling in terms of health and safety.
- Physical stamina and the capacity for manual labor, including lifting and prolonged standing.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service abilities.
- The capacity to cooperate with others and work well in a team.
- Flexibility to work shifts, including on weekends, holidays, and in nights as needed in the retail sector.
Perks and Salary:
Based on elements like experience, education, place of employment, and amount of responsibility, a meat cutter’s income in Vancouver may change. Meat cutters often make hourly compensation that is commensurate with their level of experience and job requirements.
Depending on the firm and the location, perks and advantages linked with meat cutter jobs may vary. Considerations that might be made include:
- Competitive hourly rates based on credentials and experience.
- insurance for health care.
- Pensions and registered retirement savings plans are examples of retirement savings plans.
- Paid time off (holidays, sick leave, and vacation).
- chances for education and development.
- access to benefits or initiatives for employee wellness.
- Potential for progression and career growth inside the organization.
- Additional advantages and privileges that the particular employer provides, like employee discounts on meat or other retail items.
It’s critical to remember that precise pay, perks, and benefits may differ based on the employer, the sector, and the specifics of the employment contract. It’s a good idea to do some study on the particular position and go over these specifics with the recruiting manager.
Please Share These jobs: Meat Cutter