A Watson LMIA Grain Farm Worker is tasked with a variety of duties relating to the growing and harvesting of grain crops. They support routine farm maintenance, crop management, and general agricultural activities. Depending on the employer and the time of year, exact work responsibilities may vary but typically include:
- planting, growing, and harvesting grains like oats, wheat, or barley.
- operating and keeping up agricultural gear and equipment like tractors, combines, and irrigation systems.
- helping with soil preparation, which includes weeding, fertilizing, and tilling.
- Crop health and growth stages are monitored and evaluated.
- carrying out irrigation procedures to provide appropriate moisture levels for the best crop growth.
- assisting with grain storage, including harvest organization, cleaning, and drying.
- observing the rules for agricultural safety and keeping the workplace tidy and organized.
- taking part in routine agricultural maintenance work like building or fence repair.
- helping, if necessary, with feeding and caring for cattle.
- assisting other farm employees and according to direction from managers.
- Employer Name: Frederick Farms LTD
- Job Location: Watson, SK S0K 4V0
- Salary: CAD22.50 to CAD25.00 Per Hour
- Job Position: Graine Farm Worker
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Seasonal Part-Time, 35-40 hours per week
- Job Category: Farm Worker
- Send Your coverletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening: 2
A worker on a grain farm might be responsible for:
- putting in physical work in a variety of weather.
- operating farm equipment effectively and safely.
- observing safety precautions and crop management procedures.
- respecting labor timetables and achieving set production goals.
- keeping thorough records of job activities and production information.
- notifying managers of any equipment issues or security risks.
- taking part in training courses and keeping current with industry best practices.
- assistance, when needed, with additional farm-related chores besides grain farming.
The particular criteria for a worker on a grain farm can vary but typically include:
- Physical stamina: The capacity to carry out strenuous activities and put in long shifts.
- Farming Experience: Previous farm work experience is preferred, especially with grain crops.
- Basic understanding of how to operate and maintain farm equipment.
- Knowledge of Crop Management: Experience in grain crop planting, cultivation, and harvesting methods.
- Flexibility: Willingness to put in varying hours, even on the weekends and during holidays, depending on the season.
- A cooperative attitude and the capacity to get along with other farm employees are examples of teamwork.
- A valid driver’s license may be necessary to operate farm machinery and vehicles.
- Ability to adjust to shifting farm priorities and weather circumstances.
Salary and Perks per Hour:
The pay for a Watson LMIA Grain Farm Worker can vary according to experience, education, and the particular company. I don’t have access to current wage information because I’m an AI language model. However, depending on the region and the size and productivity of the farm, salaries for farm laborers in Canada can range from minimum wage to higher hourly rates.
Depending on the employer, perks or rewards for grain farm workers may differ. Typical benefits that might be provided include:
- Housing: A farm may offer housing or other accommodations.
- Meals: A few farms might provide meals or food quotas.
- Vacation days or paid time off at off-peak times.
- Training and Development: Possibilities for training and the improvement of abilities in agricultural techniques and machinery operation.
- Access to farm vehicles for use in transportation for work-related purposes or for commuting.
- Bonus possibility: Incentive plans or profit-sharing agreements.
Please be aware that Watson’s particular pay rates and benefits for LMIA Grain Farm Workers may differ. It is advised to browse nearby job listings or get in touch with possible companies to get the most precise and recent information.
Please Share These jobs: Grain Farm Worker