In a restaurant or other food service facility in Whitby, an LMIA Cook is in charge of preparing and cooking meals in accordance with predetermined standards and recipes. They enhance the whole culinary experience by ensuring that the cuisine is prepared and presented to the highest standard. Depending on the establishment and the style of cuisine, precise job responsibilities may vary, but in general, include:
- preparing and cooking food for the menu, such as desserts, entrées, and appetizers.
- To maintain consistency, adhere to recipes, portion control recommendations, and quality standards.
- cutting, slicing, and measuring items as necessary.
- using cooking appliances including stoves, ovens, grills, and fryers.
- tracking the quantity of food on hand and ensuring that items are stored and rotated properly.
- keeping your workspace neat and organized, making use of proper hygiene and food safety procedures.
- working together to ensure effective and timely meal preparation in the kitchen.
- helping with recipe creation, menu planning, and food cost management.
- observing rules and guidelines for health and safety when handling and preparing food.
- heeding the guidance of head chefs or kitchen managers.
- Employer Name: Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen
- Job Location: Whitby, ON
- Salary: CAD16.50 to CAD18.00 Per Hour
- Job Position: Cook
- Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Part-Time, 40-60 hours per week
- Job Category: Hospitality Jobs
- Send Your coverletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening: 2
The duties of a cook may consist of:
- preparing meals quickly enough to meet demand from customers.
- ensuring that food is prepared and cooked in accordance with accepted guidelines.
- Keeping an eye on inventory levels and alerting managers to any shortages or errors.
- keeping the workplace tidy and hygienic, including proper food storage and trash disposal.
- observing guidelines and best practices for food safety.
- coordinating dinner service and maintaining efficient kitchen operations with the help of the kitchen crew.
- heeding guidance and directives from managers or head cooks.
- helping, if necessary, with the training of new kitchen employees.
- Keeping up with business developments and innovative cooking methods.
Although the precise criteria for a cook can change, they often consist of:
- Culinary Education/Training: Although it’s not always necessary, finishing a culinary program or equivalent training is desirable.
- Experience: Previous employment in a restaurant or other food service facility is a plus.
- Food safety and sanitation knowledge: understanding of correct food handling, storage, and hygiene procedures.
- Culinary Skills: The ability to precisely follow recipes and be proficient in a variety of cooking methods.
- Time management: Effectively prioritizing tasks and managing time to satisfy client demands.
- Physical stamina: The capacity to stand for extended periods of time while carrying out physically demanding duties in a busy kitchen.
- Paying close attention to the small details of food presentation and guaranteeing food quality.
- Effective verbal communication is required to cooperate with the kitchen workers and comprehend supervisory directions.
- Ability to function well under pressure and adjust to shifting conditions in a culinary environment.
- Flexibility: Willingness to work on the weekends, in the evenings, and on holidays as needed.
Salary and Perks per Hour:
An LMIA cook’s pay in Whitby may differ based on things like experience, education, the particular employer, and the kind of institution. In Canada, hourly wages for cooks typically range from $14 to $25, though they can differ.
The employer may offer different perks or incentives to cooks. Typical benefits that might be provided include:
- employee specials on food or goods.
- Opportunities for progression and career growth inside the organization.
- programs for skill development and training in the culinary arts.
- time off that is paid, including holidays and sick days (for full-time work).
- Health and dental insurance (for positions that are full-time).
- Plans for retirement savings, such as 401(k)s or contributions to Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) (for full-time positions).
Please be aware that Whitby’s LMIA cooks may receive different benefits and pay at different rates. It is advised to browse nearby job listings or get in touch with possible companies to get the most precise and recent information.
Please Share These jobs: Cook