In Surrey, construction projects are supported and assisted by construction helpers, who are also known as general laborers or construction laborers. They carry out a range of duties to speed up the building process while being supervised by expert tradespeople.
- aiding in the loading and unloading of tools and construction supplies.
- moving supplies and equipment between work sites.
- erecting and tearing down temporary constructions and scaffolding.
- trenching and excavation work for utility lines or foundations.
- removing and cleaning up dangerous materials and trash from construction sites.
- assisting in the installation of building materials like insulation, wiring, or pipes.
- operating hand tools, power tools, and light machines under supervision.
- helping craftsmen, like plumbers or carpenters, with their work.
- obeying supervisory orders and observing safety procedures.
- performing additional general labor duties on the building site as needed.
- Employer Name: Smart crew wall and ceilings Ltd.
- Job Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: 21.00 hourly 40 hours per week
- Job Position: Construction Helper
- Job Type: Full-Time, Part-Time, 35-40 hours per week
- Job Category: Construction Worker
- Send Your coverletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening: 1
- equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Although it is not usually necessary, prior experience in construction or a similar sector is encouraged.
- Physical stamina and the capacity to carry out manual labor in a variety of climates.
- An asset is having experience with construction-related tools and machinery.
- basic understanding of safety measures and construction methods.
- the capacity to cooperate effectively in a team situation.
- effective communication abilities for receiving and transmitting the information.
- A current driver’s license may be needed for some jobs or locations.
- a readiness to pick up new talents and learn new things in the construction field.
- flexibility to work in shifts, including on weekends, in the early mornings, and in the evenings as needed by the project.
Perks and Salary:
A construction helper’s compensation in Surrey can vary depending on experience, education, and the particular business or project. Hourly pay for construction assistants often reflects their degree of experience and the requirements of the position.
Depending on the firm and the area, construction helper roles may come with different perks and rewards. Considerations that might be made include:
- Competitive hourly rate based on credentials and experience.
- insurance for health care.
- Pensions and registered retirement savings plans are examples of retirement savings plans.
- Paid time off (holidays, sick leave, and vacation).
- chances for job progression and training.
- Possibility of receiving extra pay when working overtime or on the weekends.
- access to benefits or initiatives for employee wellness.
- a secure working environment that complies with health and safety regulations.
It’s critical to remember that precise pay, perks, and benefits may differ based on the employer, the sector, and the specifics of the employment contract. It’s a good idea to do some study on the particular position and go over these specifics with the recruiting manager.
Please Share These jobs: Construction Helper